Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Crybaby me

I'm going to try and make this post as short as possible.

Hello, my name is Myisha and I'm a crier.  I cry at church.  I cry at weddings. I cry when I receive gifts. I cry during prayer and meditation.  I cry when my girlfriends hurt. I cry when my son is in a school play. To top it all off, I have a favorite person that I cry with.  Funny right? She is one of my closest girlfriends (I don't have many) and her name is Shannon.  Well actually her fiance' D was my friend first, but when he brought her over to our house last year on New Year's eve, we had an immediate bond.  She's the kind of girlfriend that you can cry with because you know she'll be there through it all.  So anyway Shannon graduated from Paralegal Studies school a few weeks ago (yay...so proud of her!) and at her graduation dinner she acknowledged all of the people who had assisted in helping her through school by presenting them with a gift and words from the heart.  Well I was totally surprised when she said my name!  So guess what I did??? Yep, I cried!  Of course my husband was there to capture me in my moment of vulnerability.  Shannon was crying too, but of course he didn't get that.

Dang! I was trying to hold those tears back, but she said some very sweet things, and she gave me a starbucks gift card and you know I love my coffee :)



be free,
Myisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!