1. I won't ask your age, but what was your favorite t.v. show to watch growing up?
2. What gave you the AUDACITY to start a business?
My will of never accepting NO. My confidence that I knew I could do it and do it well. My discernment from a young child, knowing that I did not have to follow the norm-way-of-life.
3. Out of all the creative businesses you could have chosen to start, why did you choose Smell Goods '98?
My husband was the seed planter of this business. He is the one that shed light on my entrepreneurial spirit. Smell Goods '98™ is the right creative business for me; It embodies all that I love and enjoy in life.
4. Lots of people want to be their own boss, however they don't understand that it really Is harder then it seems. What's your typical work day like?
Yes, being your own boss is harder than it seems. My typical day: creating products, shipping orders, updating website, updating social networks, responding to emails, putting ideas into motion, making several to-do lists, working on newsletter, posting blogs, learning/studying more about ingredients and business, sending emails, following up with other business professionals. Plus I am a wife and home schooling mother.
5. How do you find the strength to persevere when the challenges seem to outweigh the rewards?
I focus on past rewards. Knowing that when I persevere fruits are gained.
6. What inspires you?
Inspiration for my product creations are derived from gourmet desserts, gourmet beverages, and confections; Culture is also inspiration for my fragrances. My creative inspiration comes from big business such as Apple, Target, Cold Stone Creamery , Jelly Belly, and some other big businesses. The inspiration that keeps me going for what I desire for myself comes from my husband, children, and all women in business that are living their fullest lives.
7. What's your go to wine when it's time to unwind? :)
A very nice Port (Vinzelo). :)
8. When it comes to the following words, what advice would you give?
Work: Be consistent. Strive for excellence.
Self: Be consistent. Be genuine. Stay healthy and fit. Relax, reflect, rejuvenate.
Life: Be consistent. Live. Laugh. Love. Accept life for what it is. Change what you can. Always be willing to evolve.
Love: Be consistent. Love because you want to, not because you WANT it in return. Could you be love and be loved?
Be consistent. Be a friend to those who are friends to you. Realizing that if one hand totals the number of true friends in your life, you are pretty much normal. :) Be good to that "one hand".
9. I define a Bohemian Spirit as someone who is free, unique, and unafraid to make her own stamp on the world. Why are you a Bohemian Spirit?
I am a Bohemian Spirit because I am free, I am unique, I am unafraid (as in courageous to conquer my fears). I was born with those attributes, I don't plan to dispose of them.
Smell Goods '98™
Specializing in signature fragrance oil blends, signature hand-dipped incense, and made-to-order, wholesome bath & body products.