Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Bohemian Business Spotlight

I'm very excited to kick off the first Bohemian Business Spotlight with an amazingly charismatic, driven and hardworking woman. Mrs. Toushonta Hogan the President and owner behind Scentsational Soaps creates delightful bath and body products that make you feel good and smell great! Toushonta started Scentsational Soaps in 2007 after receiving a college degree and not being able to find a job. At the time it seemed like a let down, but what a blessing it turned out to be! Check out what this creative had to say about her journey!


1. I won't ask your age, but what was your favorite t.v. show to watch growing up? 
O, my goodness, that’s just like telling your age….LOL! I loved the “Dukes of Hazzard” when I was growing up, I watched it religiously!

2.  What gave you the AUDACITY to start a business? 
After completing college, starting a business was never on my agenda. What I wanted at the time, was to have a job and start a career in Human Resources. It’s what I went to school for, so it was the only right thing to do. After countless interviews and no call backs, I had to find my purpose in life. Being creative was something that I’ve loved since my childhood years, but did not know how to incorporate it into a business until I attended the Strawberry Fest and saw many vendors with their Soaps for sell. I was intrigued, by the colors and especially the smell. So, I immediately went home to make soap with my kids. Later I began to sell them to family & friends and my business was born.

3. Out of all the creative businesses you could have chosen to start, why did you choose bath and body products?  
I love being creative. A bath & body business allows you to do just that. Furthermore, the aromas intoxicate me…..I love mixing, and incorporating new and exciting scents for my customers.

4. Lots of people want to be their own boss, however they don't understand that it really Is harder then it seems. What's your typical work day like? 
My work day is different each day, but for the most part, I check and respond to all emails, answer voicemails, print orders, make product, market on social media sites, confirm meetings, etc.   



5. How do you find the strength to persevere when the challenges seem to outweigh the rewards? WOW! Great question! I find strength in prayer. I pray often and it makes me feel so much better. There are definitely some challenging days, but I would have it no other way! 
6. What inspires you? 
My kids DEFINITELY inspire me. With the economy being at an all time low, it’s important that I teach my kids how to be successful entrepreneurs.

7. What's your go to wine when it's time to unwind?  
I love SHOPPING!!! So, with that said, I  like to go to the mall, or my favorite boutiques.  My next favorite is working out. It helps with stress, etc.



8. When it comes to the following words, what advice would you give?

Work: When working, give it all you’ve got. Be the best and let your light SHINE

Self: Take time for you and Love yourself…..pamper, reflect and examine yourself

Life: Go all out when Living. We only get one shot at it.

Love: Show love and embrace others.. You may be the VERY person that they’ve looked up to and your words, actions, and personality should reflect “Love”

Friends: Be careful of who you call your friends. Surround yourself with positive & genuine people. People, who will cheer you on, encourage and motivate you.

9. I define a Bohemian Spirit as someone who is free, unique, and unafraid to make her own stamp on the world. Why are you a Bohemian Spirit?  
I’m a Bohemian Spirit because, I absolutely, LOVE to encourage, motivate, cultivate and enrich the lives of others. 


Toushonta Hogan
Scentsational Soaps
Handmade Bath & Body Business 


be free,
Myisha


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful story! Scentsational Soaps and Toushonta have been a wonderful Give-Back Partner with A Daughter's Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE Scentsational Soaps! I've even gone as far as sending some to my OWN customers with their orders! Not to mention, I know Mrs. Toushonta Hogan personally... she toooo is truly SCENSATIONAL! Every word is true... she IS ENCOURAGING, MOTIVATING, CULTIVATES AND ENRICH LIVES - including ME personally and professionally!

    I love me some "T."

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww... good job ladies!! Toushonta you gave a great interview!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE me some Scentsational Soaps!!! Great interview!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!