Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bohemian Business Spotlight

Today's spotlight is a sweet one! Lakia Pearson has all the makings of a successful entrepreneur. Not only is she the talented business woman behind Pamper Me Sweets desserts, but she's also a very positive, motivating, and driven woman who just happens to wear many other tall hats (ahem...mother & wife), and she manages to juggle them all just fine. Can you say superwoman? I've had the pleasure of tasting some of her sweet treats and all I can say is "Yum!" Let's see how Lakia turned her love for sweet treats into an "Irresistible Spa Boutique."


1. I won't ask your age, but what was your favorite t.v. show to watch growing up? 
Martin was hands down my favorite show of all time, it still is. :)

2.  What gave you the AUDACITY to start a business?  
I came to a point where I was ready to quit my stressful job and become an entreprenuer MUCH MORE than I feared the journey!  My faith in God and knowing that my husband and son supported me 100% made that step much easier to take!

3. Out of all the creative businesses you could have chosen to start, why did you choose dessert? Pamper Me Sweets~The Dessert Spa Boutique because I've always had a love affair with desserts.  My love for baking began as a young novice in my grandmother's kitchen.  She showed me how to bake from scratch and since then I've always made desserts for family, friends, special occasions, until recently I decided to start my own baking business:)

4. Lots of people want to be their own boss, however they don't understand that it really Is harder then it seems. What's your typical work day like?  
I always start my day with prayer, reading my Bible, and inspiring music!  I check my emails, social media inquiries/marketing, and begin to return phone calls.  Throughout the day I'm either baking, delivering orders, or engaging in business building activities (i.e., chamber, networking events, business workshops, etc).  Then my day ends with family time and preparing for the next day's activities.

5. How do you find the strength to persevere when the challenges seem to outweigh the rewards?  
I always remember why I started this journey in the first place, to help brighten someone else's day and to give them an organic & natural option with their sweets!  This is what I wanted to do, there is no quitting because this is my calling in life.  So I take the focus off of me and I think about my husband and son who need me to succeed and all the people whose lives will be positively touched by the work of my hands.  When I put things in that perspective it helps me to see the rewards outweighing the challenges.

6. What inspires you?  
I'm inspired by people who defy the odds, who succeed when everyone else told them their dreams were impossible.  To see the God-given talent in those peolple who ignore the naysayers and just go for it, that inspires me and reminds me that with faith ANYTHING is possible.

7. What's your go to wine when it's time to unwind?   
Moscato, definitely moscato!


8. When it comes to the following words, what advice would you give?

Work: You have to decide that you will not be outworked by anyone else, do the things that others aren't willing to do!

Self: "Me Time" is not a luxury it is a requirement, take at least 10 minutes a day to rejuvenate yourself!

Life: Live life to the fullest do the things you've always wanted to do starting right now, time waits for no one!

Love: Love with all your heart and soul, love never fails and once you give love I promise it comes right back to you!

Friends: Friends are a blessing, they support you love you laugh with you and tell you the truth, we all need great friends!

9. I define a Bohemian Spirit as someone who is free, unique, and unafraid to make her own stamp on the world. Why areyou a Bohemian Spirit?  
I'm not afraid to be different, take risks, and try new things no matter what others may thing about it.  I just do what I like and what makes me happy.  I love to study & read, I love all genres of music, and I enjoy learning about different cultures & try new foods.  I'm free to be me:)


Lakia Pearson
Pamper Me Sweets~The Dessert Spa Boutique
We create gourmet cupcakes, pies, and specialty sweets from scratch with spa inspiration using organic and natural ingredients.  We add a little "ooh-la-la" to your special occasion with our sweet treats!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy indeed! Yes, to #5! Truly a bright spotlight. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Story! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely interview and yummy deserts!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!