Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Rolling with the punches....

Well I'm sure you all have noticed some changes to the blog....again. Lol! I've been loving all the spring colors that have managed to carry over into summer this year, so I decided to create a header for my blog to mimic those colors...I love it! I think it fits me and this blog to a tee.

Anyhoo, there has also been some changes to the BSJ website. I've downsized to a storenvy site to cut down on hosting costs. Sometimes as small business owners we have to make unexpectant changes that help keep the biz running smoothly. So I'm just rolling with the punches and making adjustments as needed to keep my little company afloat. With all of the larger companies like Forever 21 & H&M robbing small businesses (like BSJ) of our original designs and mass producing them for like $3 (argh!!!) it's hard for us to remain in business. Although they may create a similar product, it isn't nearly as well-made, nor will it last as long as some of the handcrafted items out there. So as they proceed to take over the world...small businesses like myself need to constantly re-invent, stay on top of our game, and make changes at a moments notice. Those are some of the crazy things that come with self-employment that most people don't know about. While it's fun to be your own boss, it can also be quite challenging and stressful at times. I'm not complaining because I absolutely LOVE what I do, but just as there are challenges in a 9 to 5, there are also "not so good moments" in self-employment as well.

So with all that being said, I thank you all for your loyalty! I know that you can choose to buy jewelry anywhere, but several of you have been purchasing from me for years and I am so grateful and blessed because of it. I still get excited when I receive an email about how much you enjoy your jewelry, or a picture with your wrist full of BSJ armcandy. It truly makes my day! xoxoxox

Now to some fun stuff...Here are a few ways I've been stacking this summer! If you follow BSJ on Facebook, then you've probably seen a lot of these pics. Most items below are now available on the Bohemian Spirit site. The web address hasn't changed....{www.BohemianSpiritJewelry.com} :)



Berrie Bracelet + Fuchsia Cross 


{All Pictures taken by M. Croom-Turner}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!