Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

San Diego Staycation


Hi Lovelies! Hope you had a restful weekend and was able to get back into the new week with ease. I actually worked late on Friday and midday into Saturday and was looking forward to having Sunday off to spend with family.

My Mother, who lives in Southern California and just 20 minutes east of me is moving to Louisiana in less than a month...I am not happy about this, and can't imagine not having her close to me. So, because there is absolutely nothing I can do to change her mind (believe me I've tried), I decided to plan a mini-getaway to San Diego with her, my sister and my son Myles. Our Mom enjoys the outdoors, so I scheduled a trip to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park which I knew she would love.






We also stayed overnight in the Gaslamp district which is known for cool eateries and nightlife. I booked our room at the Gaslamp Plaza Suites which is an old, charming hotel with beautiful architecture, a cool basement bar lounge, and an amazing rooftop view of the city.




We ended out trip by walking through the North Park area which has many indie shops and restaurants. We visited one particular shop called Pigment that I instantly fell in love with. Then we headed to Lucha Libre for some delicious mexican food and super cool ambiance. Both places are definitely a must visit if you find yourself in the San Diego area.















(Queen Denise on the left. Son and sister on the right.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!