Pages

Monday, January 30, 2017

Self-Care Sunday

NEW Thankful Bracelet available via my shop BohemianSpiritJewelry.com

Hey there lovelies! Wow, the first month of the new year is gone! Blink your eyes and it will be Christmas again...Lol! But, that's exactly what happens when we get back into the hustle of life after the holiday season. The days just start rolling on by and we revert back to those old "get everything done now" ways. I know I'm totally guilty of rushing through the day when I have an insane amount of to-do's....Which is always! So, when possible, I take Sunday's off to have self-care time.

Self-care for me involves doing things I love at an insanely slow pace...lol! It means sleeping in late and then taking a morning stroll to my local coffee shop and farmer's market for fresh flowers. Doing some reading while sipping more coffee. Watering my plants and organizing while my candles fill the house with earthy scents. Taking extra-long baths using my best products. And spending intentional time with my son and husband. I mean really, this list can go on and on. I adore self-care days and I think they are such a great way for any of us to recharge before the new week starts.

This past Sunday I snapped a few pictures of things I love that contribute to my self-care ritual.

If you are not doing so already, I hope this post inspires you to make time to pamper yourself in ways that bring you joy and peace!

L


I love keeping fresh flowers at my bedside. It makes waking up in the morning such a glorious experience. Such an inexpensive way to boost your mood & add a touch of luxury to your life. 



 I really love supporting small business, so when I heard about the company FOUNT Leather on the show Cleveland Hustles, I was intrigued and wanted to support. I purchased the Wolf candle and it smells amazing. Just all kinds of earthiness wafting through my house. 





The way my budget is set up, I can't always make it to the Spa...lol! So, I like to hang eucalyptus from my shower head to get that spa/steam room aroma and experience. Before getting in, I let the water run on hot for a minute so the scent can fill my bathroom. Such a relaxing experience for only $5 for a bunch of eucalyptus!



I'm obsessed with this PeterThomasRoth face cleanser. The smell, the results...all of it. 



I stumbled upon this Lavanila Laboratories deodorant while in line at Sephora and decided to give it a try. I'm currently hooked on it and I love the scent, and the fact that it doesn't have toxic ingredients.  I've recently purchased 3 other scents to try out. Also, isn't the packaging just adorbs???!!! I'm a sucker for great branding and packaging. 




Listen when I tell you that this Prickly Pear Organic Facial Oil from Unearth Malee is amazing! I love the owner, Marie and pretty much all of her other products as well. I picked this up at her booth at the farmers' market on Sunday and it makes my skin feel like silk. She has a shop in Upland, Ca. where she carries her full line of products. Her shop hours are limited, so check her site for updates. 

2 comments:

  1. Just reading this post relaxes me.

    I really need to get some eucalyptus and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Faith! Yes, I have to take relax time or I can't function properly...lol! The eucalyptus is so soothing...definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!