Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Soul Food...

Don't get too excited yet....My title is a bit misleading since I'm not going to be discussing collard greens, corn bread, or yams, but the words, thoughts, and truths that we feed ourselves and others. I decided that right now is a great time to encourage yourself, your friends, and family. Why now??? Why not now??? 


So anytime I'm about to create a new collection of jewelry I spend a whole day out wandering. I don't really have specific plans (maybe a few errands) but I just drive and window shop until inspiration hits me. I've been really inspired by words and how a few can change a person's mood or life. I remember when I was working for a law enforcement agency and I was upset by the way people in my department were being treated. When I decided to move forward and file a grievance against the individual who was causing grief in our unit I was told that I should get ready for retaliation. Hmmmm, that didn't make sense to me. I was the one being mistreated, so why was I going to be retaliated against? Those words changed my life! The words I heard that day ended up setting me free. I'm thankful for the mistreatment and lack of compassion they displayed because I may have never resigned and set out to do what I LOVE! So now I feed my own soul with words of affirmation, and I keep little notes and inspirational items around me that remind me that I'm worthy, and doing exactly what I'm supposed to be doing. These words are my soul food. So while driving yesterday I decided that I wanted to create something that would encourage others, or give them their own piece of soul food to recite and receive. Only thing is I couldn't figure out how to possibly get more than 1 to 2 words into a piece of jewelry. Lol! But as my wheels kept spinning and the inspiration kept flowing, I realized what I wanted to create. Below are a few pictures. I'll be creating more with up to 15 different Soul Food messages over the next few weeks and updating them all to my website very soon! I'd love to know what you think.




Soul Food Jewelry Boxes by Bohemian Spirit Jewelry

*P.S. I'm having a 50% off sale in my store until 5/29. Stock up on some goodies for as low as $7.50.

be free,
Myisha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!