Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Home Makeover

I hope you guys don't mind me veering off of my normal blogging path today. I normally share a blogger style post, but I've been so obsessed with my house redecorating project that I want to share some images of home decor that I love! I've been pinning lots of stuff on my Pinterest board here if you'd like to follow along. The first project is my living room. This is the space where we spend the most time as a family, so it seemed natural that I redo that space first. I've already picked up some items, but I still have a few more things to purchase. This project is being done on a serious budget. I've been scouring the clearance and sale sections at Ikea, TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and Goodwill to ensure that I'm getting the most for my money. I work hard for every dime, so I want to make sure it stretches as much as possible. I'm sure most of you can relate to that.

Anyhoo, below is my living room inspiration pictures. I'm going for a cultural/boho/boho chic look. I love pops of color, and a lived in feel and not too matchy matchy...Lol! What's your decorating style like? 





8 comments:

  1. I'm so a mixed hue type of person. I love color!
    I've actually been eyeing that lamp for a while or one similar to it but I have nowhere to put it :(

    I can't wait to see more from your project!

    xo
    Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Eesh! Yes, I'm leaning more toward the mixed and warm. I've been wanting that lamp for so long too! Found it on clearance for $50!!!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your home decor style! I also love the not matchy, matchy home decor!

    Hope you post pictures of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith! I think I will post pictures once I'm done. Hopefully by Monday I will have all the downstairs part of the house complete. *fingers crossed :)

      Delete
  4. I think my favorite is the grayish blue hues!

    Wow that is a coincidence that you meet that person a year from the day you met them! And they got you a job offer!

    ❤Tallia
    Trending In Fashion
    Dressale Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mixed hues!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you!